An Introduction to Korean Linguistics
ISBN: 978-0-415-65993-2 ISBN: 9780415659932
YEAR OF EDITION: 2016
LANGUAGES: English and Korean
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: England
An Introduction to Korean Linguistics is a valuable and comprehensive text for those with an interest in Korean linguistics.
This book provides an in-depth introduction to the basics of Korean linguistics, and modern linguistic theory, in an accessible style. It features a step-by-step approach designed to lead the reader through the linguistic make-up of the language, from the basics of its sound system and sentence structure to the semantics of modern spoken Korean.
• Detailed chapters covering the core areas in the field of linguistics, including phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax
• Clear and accessible explanations which effectively demonstrate the intricacies and subtleties of the Korean language
• Suggested readings for those interested in expanding their knowledge of a specific topic
• Exercises designed to complement the factual and analytical issues covered in each chapter
• A comprehensive glossary of central terms and a companion website offering a wealth of additional materials.
Korean is an invaluable language for the study of theoretical and comparative linguistics as it provides important examples and counter-examples to key issues, making An Introduction to Korean Linguistics an essential text for students and professional linguists alike.