Power Up! Korean Vocabulary is a vocabulary book oriented to students with a basic level, it includes 500 essential words. This book is not just a mere compilation of Korean words, as it provides in each input, enough information to learn and strengthen the vocabulary.
- English translation and example sentences are provided.
- For Sino-korean words, Chinese characters are provided to achieve a better understanding of the global meaning of the word.
- For irregular verbs and adjectives, the four basic conjugations are shown.
- Grammar content is added in words that are usually misused from the syntactic point of view.
- When the word has too many meanings, those which are more representative for the basic level are chosen.
- In the required inputs synonyms, antonyms and related words are provided.
- To avoid frequent misunderstandings, different tricks are provided, such as including the colloquial and honorific forms of the words.
- Each chapter ends with a series of exercises. Furthermore, there are overhaul exercises with the solutions
- At the end of the book, there is an annex with essential words associated to illustrations that will help the student to improve memorization.
- The final glossary contains all the words from the book, including the synonyms, the antonyms and the related words.