OVERVIEW OF THE SEOUL UNIVERSITY KOREAN METHOD:
Seoul University Korean is a communicative method to learn Korean. Its main objective is that everything learned theoretically has to be captured into the use of language.
In these series of books, the oral and writing skills are prioritized, as they configure two basic abilities to build oral competences. However, being an integral method, two sections are included: “Listening & Speaking” and “Reading & Writing” as constituent parts and mirror to the conversation and writing skills.
About the textbooks:
The textbooks from the series are focused on the language practice, even the grammar is presented through a dialogue, model sentences and a final exercise, that is, in an eminently practical way.
At the end of every lesson, translations to every dialogue and vocabulary can be found.
Furthermore, a series of useful annexes are included: exercises sheets, extended grammar explanations in English and Korean, cultural information extension, Korean audios transcriptions, answers to the exercises and a glossary.
Textbooks complementary resources downloadable via QR code:
All textbooks of the series includes a QR Code with access to extra content extremely useful for both teachers and students. The teachers will find master lines to approach the class activities, and the students will find exercises and interactive activities. Almost all content is written in Korean, except some explanations and transcriptions given in English.
The downloadable online resources contain:
- Grammar and vocabulary exercises
- Conversation practices
- Reading texts
- Audio files
- A list of vocabulary and grammar
- Supplementary class material
About the workbooks:
The exercises books from the collection provide different types of exercises; filling the gaps, choosing the right answer, linking words or related concepts, sentences patterns, etc. The exercises answers are included.
Workbooks QR code:
The exercise books include a QR code giving access to the audios of the exercises.
Two sublevels for every level:
The complete method contains six levels, each of which consists of two parts: A and B.
SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION OF THIS VOLUME:
Seoul University Korean 1B Student's Book - English Version
Seoul University Korean 1B Student's Book - English Version is the first book of the series and is oriented to students that start from the scratch. University Korean 1B Workbook - English Version is the complementary exercises book.
IMPORTANT: New edition with QR code - Replaces the edition with ISBN 978-89-539-3429-0 (same contents and pagination, but does not contain CD-Rom anymore).
일러두기 How to use this book
교재 구성표 Scope and Sequence
9과 이분은 누구세요? Who is this person?
10과 지금 몇 시에요? What time is it now?
11과 감기게 걸렸어요 I caught a cold.
12과 여보세요 Hello
13과 서울역으로 가 주세요 Please take me to Seoul Station
14과 이 옷을 입어 보세요 Try these clothes on
15과 여행을 가고 싶어요 ! I want to go on a trip
16과 우리 집에 올 수 있어요? Can you come to my house?
활동지 Activities Sheets
문법 해설 Grammar Extension
문화 해설 Culture Extension
듣기 지문 Listening Scripts
모범 답안 Answers Key
어휘 색인 Glossary
Description by the publisher:
Seoul National University Korean Language is a six-level course book (200 hours of regular learning program per book) and developed for learners of Korean language. The book helps students develop reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills and helps them apply Korean language in real life situations.
- The textbook is carefully coordinated to link between spoken language and written language while focusing on the development of communicative language skills.
- A task-based approach maximizes the use of linguistic knowledge and encourages to learn phonological rules and intonation for accuracy and fluency in Korean.
- A systematic approach to learning vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation is adopted.
- This textbook is designed to familiarize with Korean culture, and helps to share different culture of the learners through activities in the book.
- Includes QR Code with online resources (previously provided on a CD-Rom) that can be used in the classroom, such as games and practices, reading and listening dialogues, vocabulary and grammar list, MP3, and extra class materials.