ISBN: 978-89-277-3276-1 // ISBN: 9788927732761
Year of publication: 2022
Number of pages: 192
Language: Korean, English
Country of origin: Korea
Korean Made Easy-Starter - 2nd Edition targets those who have no reading knowledge of the Korean alphabet (Hangeul).
Through various practice exercises, activities, and games, this book provides an enjoyable way to learn how to listen to, pronounce, read, and write Hangeul. The ultimate goal of Korean Made Easy-Starter is to equip learners with the necessary expressions needed in everyday situations. Although it is the third book published in the Korean Made Easy series, this book lays the foundation for Korean Made Easy for Beginners, so I hope it will be received as a welcome must-have for absolute beginners of Korean.
• This book consists of an introduction, ten chapters of lessons, and twenty-four useful expressions. The introduction aims to explain how Korean differs from English and to foster an understanding of the distinguishing characteristics of the Korean language before learners begin their study of Hangeul.
• Each lesson chapter is divided into five steps (Let’s Warm Up!, Let’s Study!, Reading Activity!, Writing Activity!, and Quiz Yourself!) that contain plenty of practice exercises and audio components, so learners can study Korean easily by simply following this systematic structure.
• In addition, twenty-four useful expressions that are necessary to know in everyday life are provided on cards with situation pictures and were designed for learners to carry and use in appropriate situations.
- Korean made easy - Intermediate
- Korean Made Easy - Vocabulary
- Korean Made Easy for Everyday Life
- Korean Made Easy for Beginners
머리말 Preface 04
일러두기 How to Use This Book 06
차례 Contents 10
내용 구성표 Table of Contents 12
Part 1 Introduction to Hangeul 14
Part 2 Characteristics of Korean Vowels and Consonants 18
Part 3 Characteristics of Korean Sentences 21
Chapter 1 Six Basic Vowels ㅏ ㅓ ㅗ ㅜ ㅡ ㅣ 26
Chapter 2 Three Basic Consonants ㅁ ㄴ ㄹ 34
Chapter 3 Six Basic Consonants ㅂ ㄷ ㅅ ㅈ ㄱ ㅎ 44
Chapter 4 Final Consonants ㅁ ㄴ ㄹ ㅇ ㅂ ㄷ ㅅ ㅈ ㄱ ㅎ 56
Chapter 5 Four [y] Vowels ㅑ ㅕ ㅛ ㅠ 70
Chapter 6 Two Basic Vowels ㅐ ㅔ & Two [y] Vowels ㅒ ㅖ 82
Chapter 7 Four Aspirated Consonants ㅍ ㅌ ㅊ ㅋ 92
Chapter 8 Seven Compound Vowels ㅘ ㅝ ㅙ ㅞ ㅚ ㅟ ㅢ 108
Chapter 9 Five Tensed Consonants ㅃ ㄸ ㅆ ㅉ ㄲ 122
Chapter 10 Final Consonants ㅍ ㅌ ㅊ ㅋ ㅆ ㄲ & Double Final Consonants 136
Final Review 150
부록Ⅰ Appendix Ⅰ
정답 Answers 154
듣기 대본 Listening Scripts 162
색인 Index 171
부록Ⅱ Appendix Ⅱ
24개의 중요 표현 카드 Twenty-four Useful Expression Cards 183