Seoul University Korean is a communicative method to learn Korean. Its main objective is that everything learned theoretically has to be captured into the use of language.
In these series of books, the oral and writing skills are prioritized, as they configure two basic abilities to build oral competences. However, being an integral method, two sections are included: “Listening & Speaking” and “Reading & Writing” as constituent parts and mirror to the conversation and writing skills.
The books from the collection
The text books from the series are focused on the language practice, even the grammar is presented through a dialogue, model sentences and a final exercise, that is, in an eminently practical way.
At the end of every lesson, translations to every dialogue and vocabulary can be found.
Furthermore, a series of useful annexes are included: exercises sheets, extended grammar explanations in English and Korean, cultural information extension, Korean audios transcriptions, answers to the exercises and a glossary.
Text books CD-ROM
Every text book of the series includes a CD-ROM extremely useful for both teachers and students. The teachers will find master lines to approach the class activities, and the students will find exercises and interactive activities. Almost all content is written in Korean, except some explanations and transcriptions given in English.
The CD-ROM contains:
-Grammar and vocabulary exercises
-A list of vocabulary and grammar
-Supplementary class material
The books from the collection
The exercises books from the collection provide different types of exercises; filling the gaps, choosing the right answer, linking words or related concepts, sentences patterns, etc. The exercises answers are included.
Exercises books’ CD
The exercises books include a CD with the audios from the exercises. Two sublevels for every level.
The complete method contains six levels, each of which consists of two parts: A and B.
Seoul University Korean 5B Workbook - English Version (Includes CD-MP3)
Seoul University Korean 5B Workbook - English Version (Includes CD-ROM) should be used with the main textbook University Korean 5B Student's Book - English Version (Includes CD MP3).
1. 뉴스 따라잡기
2. 영화 속을 걷다
3. 광고와 소비자
VIII. 의식주와 생활
1. 살고 싶은 집
2. 음식 여행, 비빔밥
3. 유행하는 옷
IX. 도시와 환경
1. 살기 좋은 도시
2. 서울 돌아보기
X. 관념의 세계
1. 삶과 운명
2. 세상을 보는 눈
XI. 역사의 발자취
1. 한강에 얽힌 역사
2. 이야기 속 인물
3. 여행으로 만나는 세상
XII. 과학과 미래
1. 과학 기술과 윤리
2. 생활 속의 발명품
XIII. 문학의 향기
1. 옥상의 민들레꽃
2. 내가 사랑하는 사람
Description by the publisher:
Seoul National University Korean Language is a six-level course book (200 hours of regular learning program per book) and developed for learners of Korean language. The book helps students develop reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills and helps them apply Korean language in real life situations.
- The textbook is carefully coordinated to link between spoken language and written language while focusing on the development of communicative language skills.
- A task-based approach maximizes the use of linguistic knowledge and encourages to learn phonological rules and intonation for accuracy and fluency in Korean.
- A systematic approach to learning vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation is adopted.
- This textbook is designed to familiarize with Korean culture, and helps to share different culture of the learners through activities in the book.
- The text includes a CD-ROM that can be used in the classroom, such as games and practices, reading and listening dialogues, vocabulary and grammar list, MP3, and extra class materials.