2nd edition of Korean Made Easy for Beginners, a book made for self-study using a simple conversational method to teach you everything that you need to start speaking and understanding Korean. The book is designed to be completed in a short time and simple enough for everyone with no background in Korean.
This new edition includes a QR code with all audios instead of a CD.
1. Fun and easy
• Easy explanations on Korean designed after the origin of Hangeul.
• Essential grammar taught simply and directly through visual presentations.
• Extensive use of pictures and tables for clear understanding.
• Recordings of professional voice actors and comprehensive explanations help you master Korean pronunciation.
• 20 lessons on practical, everyday topics
• Additional vocabulary and practical expressions of everyday life are presented with lively illustrations
• Listening and reading exercises designed after Korean Language Proficiency Test (KLPT)
• Fun explanations on unique Korean culture
• 40 lively dialogues and 20 essential pronunciation points
• 20 listening exercises
4. Key Phrase Book
• 38 practical phrases for everyday usage
Preface 04 Introduction
How to Use This Book 06 Table of Contents
Textbook Table of Contents 10
Introduction to Hangul Introduction to Hangeul 12
Hangul I Hanguel I 17
Hangul 2 Hanguel 2 25
Hangul 3 Hanguel 3 35
Hangul 4 Hanguel 4 45
Character Introduction Meet the Main Characters! 61
Chapter 01 Hello? I'm Paul. Hello, I'm Paul. 63
Chapter 02 No, I'm an office worker. No, I am an office worker. 73
Chapter 03 What is this? What is this? 83
Chapter 04 Where is the bathroom? Where is the bathroom? 93
Chapter 05 Do you have Korean friends? How many younger siblings do you have? 103
Chapter 06 What's your phone number? What is your phone number? 113
Chapter 07 What is your birthday? What day is your birthday? 123
Chapter 08 I usually go to work at 8:30 in the morning. I usually go to the office at 8:30 in the morning. 133
Chapter 09 I go home by subway. I go home by subway. 143
Chapter 10 How much is it all? How much is it all together? 153
Chapter 11 Where Do You Have Dinner? Where do you have dinner? 163
Chapter 12 I watch a movie every Sunday. I see a movie every Sunday. 173
Chapter 13 I have a headache. I have a headache. 183
Chapter 14 I went on a trip to Jeju Island last week. Last week I traveled to Jeju island. 193
Chapter 15 Tomorrow I will make Korean food. I will make Korean food tomorrow. 203
Chapter 16 Can we go to the movies together? Should we go see a movie together? 213
Chapter 17 I'm sorry, but please say it again. I'm sorry but please say it again. 223
Chapter 18 I want to learn Korean too. I also want to learn Korean. 233
Chapter Then go right. After that please go to the right. 243
Chapter 20 What is your name? What is your name? 253
Appendix Appendix 263
Grammar Appendix Extra Grammar Tips 264 Extra Grammar
Grammar Review 267
Correct Answers Answers 277
Index Glossary of Words 282