Part I Formation of Korea
1. Compressed Modernity in South Korea: Constitutive Dimensions, Manifesting Units, and Historical Conditions
2. Militarized Modernity and Gendered Mass Mobilization
3. The Socioeconomic Foundations of South Korea’s Democracy Movement
4. The Seventy-Year History of North Korean Cultural Formation
5. Religion in Twenty-first Century Korean Lives
Part II Transforming Korea
6. The Muddled Middle Class in Globalized South Korea
7. South Korean Youth across Three Decades
8. The Korean Family in Transition
9. Immigrant Subempire, Migrant Labor Activism and Multiculturalism in Contemporary South Korea
10. North Korea Now: Turning Point for a Regime of Rightlessness?
Part III Digital Korea
11. How to Understand the Emergence of Digital Korea
12. Modern Korean Literature and Cultural Identity in a Pre- and Post-Colonial Digital Age
13. South Korean Cinema Story in the Digital Age: 21st Century Success on a 20th Century Medium?
14. Digital Media and Democratic Transition in Korea
15. Digital Media and the Rise of Connected Individuals in Korea
Part IV Global Korea
16. Korean Diaspora and Diasporic Nationalism
17. An Overview of Korean American Women’s Writing: "Skin Upon Skin"
18. The Korean Wave: Korean Popular Culture in a Digital Cosmopolitan World
19. K-Pop Music and Transnationalism
20. Transnational Sport and Expressions of Global Koreanness